All of our achievements during 2016 benefit the local communities we serve through our focus on Our Customers, Our People, Our Wellbeing, Our Environment and Our Communities. Some of our key achievements in the last year are outlined below:
- We increased sales in 2016 to 15,171 homes (2015: 14,572).
- Since April 2013 we have sold 20,631 homes under the Help to Buy scheme with 6,970 sales in 2016 alone (2015: 6,110).
- Around 73% of our customers used our panel of independent financial advisors to help them choose the right mortgage when purchasing their homes from us.
- We increased our employees to 4,526 people in 2016 (2015: 4,188).
- The amount of training provided to our workforce increased to 10,550 days (2015: 10,212).
- We were re-accredited by Innovatec AS at the Silver Level for Equality in Employee Management and Service Delivery.
- There has been a 21% increase in Group Health & Safety Department staffing levels since 2015.
- We have improved advisory services to our operating businesses in addition to traditional inspection, audit and investigation activities.
- The number of RIDDORs per legal completion reduced to 1 per 327 legal completions (2015: 1 per 317 legal completions).
- Of wallboards supplied to us, to reduce waste from trimming the boards and the cost of disposal.
- Waste recycled increased to 93% (2015: 92%).
- All the homes we built were assessed for energy efficiency against the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) with an average rating of 83.
- Space4 produced c. 5,500 timber frame and roof cassette kits in 2016. A further 1,666 homes in Scotland were built using timber frames from third party suppliers. In total, over, 45% of the homes we built in 2016 included a form of off-site manufacturing.
- The average C02 emissions of our motor fleet reduced by 4% from 105 g/km in 2015 to 101 g/km in 2016.
- We delivered 2,218 homes to Housing Associations in 2016 (2015: 2,147). In addition, we delivered a further 230 affordable homes to our communities on a discounted open market value basis and using shared equity scheme facilities. The total value of affordable houses we delivered in 2016 was c. £262 million.
- We invested £65 million in new community facilities, including schools and public open spaces in 2016 (2015: £47 million).
- We donated £628,000 to community groups and charities through the Community Champions initiative in 2016. A further £108,000, including fundraising by our employees, was donated to other charitable causes making the total charitable donation in 2016 £736,000 (2015: £672,000)
- We have donated over £1m to local community groups since we launched Persimmon Community Champions in 2015.