Assistant Independent Quality Controller – Leicester
Persimmon Homes North Midlands has a vacancy for an Assistant Independent Quality Controller to join their successful and growing team. This role will be based from the regional office in Leicester. As a business we are continuing to focus on improving the quality of our new build housing projects and this role is intrinsic in how we move this forward. A comprehensive training course will be provided to candidates who have relevant experience that we can build on and nurture.
Who are we?
Building over 15,000 beautifully designed new homes a year in more than 300 prime locations nationwide; Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house-builders.
What is the role?
As an Assistant Independent Quality Controller you will regularly inspect all aspects of the construction activity on site for compliance of all regulatory and warranty standards as well as continually assessing the finished quality of each home. You will be an integral part of a national team supported locally by a divisional Senior Independent Quality Controller. You will primarily provide accurate reporting of the site visits and ultimately report to the Group Construction Director. This role should provide support to continually improve all aspects of the construction process throughout the region.
If this sounds appealing to you we will require the following skills, experience and behaviours:
• You have some awareness of the standards laid down in the Building Regulations and appropriate warranty providers standards and be able to under supervision accurately check compliance on site in all aspects.
• Have a keen eye for detail and a tenacious attitude to quality standards
• The ability to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources both internal and external to support your recommendations and findings. In addition to your technical expertise you should be able to demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with colleagues.
• Possess good written communication skills, be able to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems and hence must have good IT literacy.
• You have some knowledge of quality standards on new build housing, preferably from an Assistant Site Management, Customer Care or Quality Control background
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary, company car or car allowance, a contributory pension, healthcare, life cover, holidays and a generous bonus. Above all an honest, driven approach from the company which offers the chance to work with some great people!
Persimmon offer flexible working arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department.
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction
‘Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon’
Assistant Site Managers – Calne, Swindon and Malmesbury areas Persimmon Homes Wessex has a vacancies for experienced residential Assistant Site...Apply For This Job
Assistant Site Manager – Springfield Meadows – Llanwern Persimmon Homes East Wales has a vacancy for a residential Assistant Site...Apply For This Job