Development Engineer / Senior Development Engineer – Mansfield
Persimmon Homes Nottingham has a vacancy for an experienced Senior or Development Engineer to join their successful and growing team. This role will be based in the regional office in Mansfield.
Who are we?
Building around 16,500 beautifully designed new homes a year in more than 350 prime locations nationwide; Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house-builders, committed to the highest standards of design, construction and service. We believe our quality really differentiates us from the competition. In fact, our reputation is built on quality. We build quickly and efficiently and expect a lot from our office and site teams, however in turn we’ll reward you for your commitment and hard work and recognise your contribution to the business.
As a Development Engineer or Senior Engineer you will be an integral part of the Technical department, reporting to the Technical Director. They will support you and develop you in the way Persimmon operate and give you clear objectives.
Your role as Engineer will be to support a number of housing developments through the delivery of cost effective engineering solutions. You will need to be adaptable and strong in your management approach with a consistent approach to managing external consultants.
1. Advise Land Dept on Technical viability of new sites
2. Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals; and required working drawings
3. Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
4. Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired
5. Brief engineering consultants on scope of design, which includes roads sewers private drainage, retaining walls, foundation designs any other substructures below DPC level either private or adopted
6. Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when appraising land
7. Manage initial and external technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
8. Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
9. Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
10. Help and assist the planning department in obtaining planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements
11. Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans and M colours
12. Answer Technical queries
13. POS, S38, S104 adoptions
14. In house Health & Safety coordination role with the preparation of pre-tender health and safety plans.
15. Liaise with Commercial department with respect to mains laying and service connection costs.
16. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
17. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
18. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
If this sounds appealing to you we will require:
Ideally you to be qualified to HNC level or equivalent in a civil engineering or building-related discipline with some residential project experience. It’s not essential that you have worked for a house builder, we would consider someone who has worked for a local authority or from within a civil engineering consultancy.
By way of technical experience you will be conversant with current building regulations and CDM you will also have a thorough knowledge of current EA/Water Authority/Highway regulations and adoption agreements. We would also like you to have some experience on Autocad, Micro drainage or a similar drainage design package.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits package including a pension, life insurance, company car or car allowance, healthcare, fuel card and a generous bonus. Above all an honest, driven approach which offers the chance to work with some great people!
Persimmon offer flexible working hour arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department
Persimmon has a Hybrid Working Policy for core roles in the business allowing staff on completion of probation to apply for home working up to 2/3 days per week.
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction
‘Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon’
Senior Technical Co-ordinator / Technical Manager – Maidenhead Persimmon Homes North London has a vacancy for a Senior Technical Co-ordinator...Apply For This Job
Pre Commencement Engineer / Project Engineer – Leeds Persimmon Homes West Yorkshire has a vacancy for an experienced Civil Engineer...Apply For This Job
Assistant / Intermediate or Senior Quantity Surveyor – Exeter Persimmon Homes South West has a vacancy for a Quantity Surveyor...Apply For This Job