Health, Safety and Environment Advisor – Essex
Persimmon Plc require a Group Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) Advisor to join their team supporting the Essex business. This role will be based in the Persimmon Essex offices in Witham with travel across the Region. You will report directly to the Senior Group HS&E Advisor for the area.
Who are we?
Building around 16,500 beautifully designed new homes a year in more than 350 prime locations nationwide; Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house-builders, committed to the highest standards of design, construction and service. We believe our quality really differentiates us from the competition. In fact, our reputation is built on quality. We build quickly and efficiently and expect a lot from our office and site teams, however in turn we’ll reward you for your commitment and hard work and recognise your contribution to the business.
Key duties are to:
• Regularly inspect construction activity on site, ensuring compliance with the Group HS&E Policy and overarching HS&E legislation.
• Prepare a clear report following site visits by accurately recording any non-compliance.
• Ensure that the construction department rectify any non-compliance issues, and escalate issues through the business management chain where appropriate.
• Carry out incident led investigations and report applicable incidents to the Health and Safety Executive under RIDDOR.
• Prepare HS&E reports for the business and attend HS&E working group meetings, and where required business management meetings.
• Prepare health and safely plans.
• Review contactors’ RAMS and monitor contractor compliance.
• Provide HS&E advice, information and training to the business.
If this sounds appealing to you we will require:
You will have as a minimum a NEBOSH National General Certificate and ideally a NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction. It would be an advantage to have either completed or working towards additional HS&E qualifications and be a member of IOSH. You must have experience in a similar HS&E role, preferably in the construction/ housebuilding sector.
You will have a keen eye for detail, a tenacious attitude to compliance and be able to work as part of a team to drive and improve standards.
You will be able to demonstrate:-
• Organisational skills, you will need to be able to manage your own time and meet targets and deadlines.
• Verbal communication skills, you will need to develop strong relationships with all levels of the business from site teams to senior management.
• Written communication skills, you will need to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems.
What is in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits package including a company car or allowance, healthcare, pension, life insurance and a generous bonus. Above all an honest, driven approach which offers the chance to work with some great people!
Persimmon offer flexible working hour arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department
Persimmon has a Hybrid Working Policy for core roles in the business allowing staff on completion of probation to apply for home working up to 2/3 days per week.
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction
‘Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon’