Reporting to the Head of Construction /Managing Director, based within the operating region, you will be required to be available in the office and attend all current sites. The position requires the individual to regularly inspect all aspects of the construction activity on site for compliance of all regulatory and warranty standards as well as continually assess the finished quality of each home. Accurate reporting of these site visits with reports back to the Head of Construction / Managing Director and provide support to continually improve all aspects of the construction process through the region. The job role will include:
• Carrying out regular quality and compliance checks on site for all aspects of the construction works by thoroughly checking compliance with the warranty provider’s standards, building regulations and also any internal standards laid down by the company.
• Prepare clear and accurate reports following site visits by accurately recording any non-compliant works or processes.
• Ensure that the construction department rectify any defective or substandard works within the required timescales as laid down by the company.
• As required, be able to present to the regional site team reports of your findings and actively seek to promote “exceptional quality” to the construction department.
• Monitor both subcontractors and site managers’ performance, check materials quality and provide feedback to regional and divisional management team.
• Provide guidance and support to Customer Care Department when dealing with complex remedial works.
Construction Related qualifications are required as well as a full Driving Licence.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Be fully aware of the standards laid down in the Building Regulations and appropriate warranty providers standards and be able to accurately check compliance on site in all aspects.
• Have a keen eye for detail and a tenacious attitude to quality standards.
• Be able to work as part of a large team to drive quality standards forward and have the tenacity to succeed.
• Able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources both internal and external to support your recommendations and findings. In addition to your technical expertise you can demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with colleagues.
• Have good written communication skills, be able to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems and hence must have good IT literacy and the ability to learn new software packages
Competitive Salary, Company Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance, Bonus & Health Care.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon.