Independent Quality Controller – Durham
Persimmon PLC are recognised as a 5 Star Builder with industry leading QA processes
Persimmon Homes Durham has a vacancy for an Independent Quality Controller to join their successful and growing team. This role will be based from the regional office in Bowburn with projects across the North East area. As a business we are continuing to focus on improving the quality of our new build housing projects and this role is intrinsic in how we move this forward.
Who are we?
Building around 14,500 beautifully designed new homes a year in more than 300 prime locations nationwide; Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house-builders.
What is the role?
As Independent Quality Controller you will regularly inspect all aspects of the construction activity on site for compliance of all regulatory and warranty standards as well as continually assessing the finished quality of each home. You will primarily provide accurate reporting of the site visits and report back to the Group Construction Manager and Director. This role should provide support to continually improve all aspects of the construction process throughout the region.
If this sounds appealing to you we will require the following skills, experience and behaviours:
• You are fully aware of the standards laid down in the Building Regulations and appropriate warranty providers standards and be able to accurately check compliance on site in all aspects.
• Have a keen eye for detail and a tenacious attitude to quality standards
• The ability to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources both internal and external to support your recommendations and findings. In addition to your technical expertise you should be able to demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with colleagues.
• Possess good written communication skills, be able to produce accurate reports and maintain both written and IT based reporting systems and hence must have good IT literacy.
• You have an excellent knowledge of quality standards on new build housing, preferably from an Inspection or Building Control background. We will consider a suitably experienced volume housing Site Manager who wants to take their career in a different direction.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary, company car or car allowance, a contributory pension, healthcare, life cover, holidays and a generous bonus. Above all an honest, driven approach from the company which offers the chance to work with some great people!
Persimmon offer flexible working arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department.
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction
‘Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon’
Persimmon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Persimmon Homes South West (Site based in Exeter) has a vacancy for an experienced Forklift Driver with an immediate start...Apply For This Job
Independent Quality Controller – North Midlands Persimmon PLC are recognised as a 5 Star Builder with industry leading QA processes...Apply For This Job