The Persimmon Group comprises four distinct brands, all of which contribute to making this one of the most exciting housebuilders in the UK, ideally placed to influence all sectors of our industry.
The origin of the Group was built around the Persimmon Homes business and it remains our core operation offering a wide range of property types. It is the most established of our brands and trades through a network of 30 regional operating businesses giving us nationwide coverage.
- We have over 400 developments at any one time giving the widest choice of desirable locations and homes to suit all lifestyles.
- Building quality homes which provide the very best in design, construction and service.
- A wide range of property types includes three, four and five bed detached properties; two and three bed terraced and semi detached houses, bungalows and apartments.
- All properties are built with the environment in mind and we ensure they are constructed with particular regard to the local environment.
- Each home we build is constructed with care by a dedicated team, be that the technicians behind the scenes in the office, the skilled craftsmen on site, or our professional salespeople – all of whom work together to deliver the highest standards of design, construction and service.
- We are proud to develop communities and we will often build new roads or by-passes, shops or community centres to contribute to the appeal of our developments.
Charles Church provides a range of exclusive homes in both modern and traditional styles. It is one of the country’s foremost house building brands with an unrivaled reputation for the design and quality of homes it builds.
- Persimmon is proud to have expanded the Charles Church brand around the UK, where it provides an exciting alternative in the new homes market.
- Accounting for a fifth of our completions, Charles Church is an important part of our business, enabling us to offer homes with a higher specification.
- Many of our operating businesses are dual branded, which ensures all our Charles Church homes are built with the same commitment to quality that is well established in the Persimmon Group.
- Customers can personalise their home during the construction process to ensure it exactly fits their requirements, be it a city-centre or rural location.
- A dedicated team will come together to deliver our customers’ requirements and our ability to maintain the original values of the Charles Church brand is down to the skill an professionalism of the people who work for us.
The Westbury Partnerships business focuses on social housing in conjunction with Space4, our timber frame manufacturing operation. Working closely together with Housing Associations, this business aims to offer solutions to some of the affordable housing problems the Government wishes to resolve.
- Our partnering with the affordable housing sector is growing rapidly.
- Westbury Partnerships is committed to delivering high quality, energy efficient and sustainable homes.
- We were responsible for our first developments built to the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4, utilising our Space4 system to provide high level of insulation.
- The Partnerships business completed our first schemes that were partly funded by the Homes & Communities Agency under the Kickstart programme, once more demonstrating the wide market coverage of the Persimmon Group.
- Westbury Partnerships works closely with Space4, which together with our Homes and Communities Agency compliant house types, enables us to deliver excellent efficiencies in the affordable housing market, both in terms of build time for our partners and running costs for our customers.
Space4 produces “Modern Timber Frames” using a patented manufacturing process to produce a unique, high performance, wall and floor system in its Birmingham based manufacturing site. Specifically developed to meet the growing needs of the housing sector Space4 has collaborated successfully with both the public and private sector in mass housing projects of varying sizes through England and Wales.
- The demand for increased energy efficiency in both sectors has led to an increase in demand for our Space4 system, which is one of the success stories of the Persimmon Group.
- The Space4 system enables our businesses to build houses in a shorter space of time compared to traditional brick build processes, which has increased the demand for its use for private residential housing.
- 85% of Space4’s production is used by the Persimmon Group.
- Many of our operating businesses use the Space4 system on one or more of their developments.
- Space4 is at the forefront of our commitment to use modern methods of construction and will continue to work closely with Westbury Partnerships to deliver affordable, sustainable, energy-efficient new homes into the public sector housing market.
Brickworks / Tileworks
At our manufacturing hub in Harworth, Doncaster our Brickworks commenced production of concrete bricks in November 2017 and started supplying the Group’s operating businesses in January 2018. The plant has the capacity to produce c. 80 million bricks each year potentially satisfying approximately two thirds of the Group’s current requirements. During 2018 we will also develop the capability to manufacture our own roof tiles at our Harworth site.
Our offsite manufacturing capability is an important contributor to our overall construction capacity. Manufacturing our own bricks will secure availability of this key material component for our build process, helping to support the efficient delivery of new homes to the market and helping us to control our costs.