*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

Minimal deposit required thanks to Persimmon for homes to buy in Peterborough

28 April 2011

With a report highlighting that first time buyers are currently required to raise a £37,233 deposit to buy an average starter home, it’s no wonder they’re being put off buying their first pad, but thanks to Persimmon in Peterborough a deposit of little over £4,000 is required to enable purchasers to secure their dream home.

“Our apartments at our stylish Cityscape development have been an instant hit with young househunters as the spacious flats to buy in Peterborough not only represent an enviable place to live, but also fantastic value for money,” comments David Hodgson, sales director for Persimmon Homes East Midlands.

With Persimmon’s 85 per cent shared equity scheme at Cityscape, apartments start from just £85,950, meaning a five per cent deposit of £4,300 is required. What’s more when buying a brand new property from the leading homebuilder, first time buyers can be safe in the knowledge that they will be guided through the purchasing process by Persimmon’s expert sales advisers.

David adds: “Buying a property can become quite complicated, which is why I’d like to reassure our purchasers that we’re here every step of the way to assist them with buying their dream home.”

The attractive Mendip apartments comprise of an entrance hallway, kitchen, living and dining area, two good sized bedrooms, the master of which hosts an en suite and a family bathroom, making them ideal for friends sharing or for having guests over.

To give interested parties an idea of how these beautiful homes will look, Persimmon has created a chic show apartment, in homage to London Fashion Week, which is bound to give visitors some inspiration for how to dress their own home.

Through the shared equity scheme, purchasers initially pay for just 85 per cent of the purchase price, deferring payment on the remaining 15 per cent, which is interest free for ten years.

Cityscape is being constructed in a cul-de-sac design so purchasers can enjoy the best of both worlds, close to the bright lights of Peterborough’s city centre, whilst being able to escape the hustle and bustle at home. There is an abundance of off road parking and two areas of public open space for residents and their friends and family to enjoy.

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome