Dress to impress – styling tips for your Christmas table 2020
03 December 2020
Feast your eyes on our dining table styling tips and impress your guests with some creative festive flair.
Get creative with name cards
Put your creativity to the test and add a personal touch with place cards for all the family. You can by pre-designed cards or take matters into your own hands. Here are three DIY name card ideas to consider:
1) Pine cone place names - collect pine cones and spray them a festive colour (we love silver and gold!). Then simply take a small piece of card, write the name on and slot it between one of the layers.
2) Personalised Christmas cookies - find a biscuit recipe, a Christmas shaped cutter and get baking. You can then decorate with guests’ names and pop into their place. Icing pens can make it super simple and edible glitter is sure to add that extra festive sparkle!
3) Cinnamon stick place cards – they are so easy to make and your table will smell divine! Grab yourself a bag of cinnamon sticks and glue two individual sticks together. Cut a rectangle of card and write the individual’s name – a metallic pen always works a treat. Now, simply slot the card between the two cinnamon sticks and voila!
A table centrepiece is the perfect way to set the mood for a festive feast. They can be a simple as a candle, or as elaborate as elaborate as a Christmas foliage and flower arrangement. Here are three simple, yet effective ways to spruce up your table:
1) Collect a series of vases and jars and arrange them down the centre of your table. Fill the jars with all things Christmas; baubles, fairy lights, candles, candy canes, the possibilities are endless.
2) Lanterns and candlesticks are sure to add a warm, festive ambiance to your table.
3) Festive foliage – whether it is real or faux simply scatter it down the centre of your table. Holly, Noble Fir and mistletoe are traditionally used.
Don’t forget the chairs….
Don't neglect your dining room chairs this Christmas. Sprucing up your dining chairs is a really simple way to introduce a colour scheme to your dining display. Give them a festive makeover and tie some coloured ribbons or hang garlands of twinkling stars and little bells across the back of your chairs to add a Christmas touch.
Make sure to tag us in your pictures and take a look at our Instagram competition #LoveMyPersimmonHome
Picture credits: @hollyshouseandhome