*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

First time buyers flock to Hazelmead

17 November 2012

Demonstrating the excellent value of the attractive properties being built at the Hazelmead development in Diss, Persimmon Homes is reporting that over 60 per cent of the housetypes have been reserved by first time buyers.

“Our buyers are able to purchase a sizeable house, in a great location, which has been a winning combination for many first time buyers in Diss,” states Jon Gibbs, sales director for Persimmon Homes Anglia.

As the site only launched within the last two months and even though the housetypes are being marketed off plan, 17 properties have already been sold with several homebuyers choosing to use the Government-led and much acclaimed 80 per cent shared equity scheme, FirstBuy.

Jon continues: “FirstBuy is an excellent buying aid for those with limited finances as it allows them to take that all important step onto the property ladder, without a large financial outlay or an extortionate mortgage to worry about.”

FirstBuy offers eligible applicants an equity loan of up to 20 per cent of the purchase price of a property and buyers then gain a mortgage for the remaining 80 per cent.

Hazelmead enjoys a lovely semi-rural location on the outskirts of Diss and with countryside opposite the development.  Diss is surrounded by the beautiful Waveney Valley countryside and Frenze Beck Nature Reserve can be explored nearby.

Ideal for commuters, the development is within walking distance of Diss railway station, with trains reaching London in one and a half hours, and it’s just 25 miles to Norwich.

Houses for sale in Diss

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome