*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

Move in this summer - View Persimmon’s houses for sale in Leicester

27 June 2011

If you are looking for your first home yet saving up for that all important deposit seems out of reach, then help is at hand for first time buyers at Persimmon Homes North Midlands’ Saxon Gate development in Birstall, situated on the outskirts of Leicester.

With Persimmon Homes’ Helping Hand scheme as well as the company paying your five per cent deposit, owning your first home is certainly affordable and within reach at one of Persimmon’s newest houses for sale in Leicester to launch this year.

Appreciating the importance for homebuyers to get onto the property ladder, Persimmon’s Helping Hand scheme allows purchasers to own 100 per cent of their home having initially paid for just 85 per cent of the value of the property. They then pay back the remaining 15 per cent when they sell the property or within ten years, whichever comes first.

What’s more, with the additional helping hand of Persimmon paying the five percent deposit, those that thought owning their first home was not possible this year, could move in as soon as this June.

The support from Persimmon is available on selected homes including the two bedroom Richmond coach house, priced from £132,995 or with Helping Hand £113,046 as well as the two bedroom Hurst at £134,995 or £114,746 with the shared equity support or the three bedroom Surrey at £169,995 or £144,496 with Helping Hand.

Saxon Gate on Hallam Fields Road comprises a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes and to match the support offered to first time buyers, Persimmon is also offering its Part Exchange Plus scheme which take the stress out of selling an existing property with a key element that the company will step in if the chain breaks down.

Mariana Knight, sales and marketing director for Persimmon Homes North Midlands, explains: “Our aim is to help house hunters get a footing on the property ladder with achievable financial options. With our Helping Hand scheme together with the additional support of paying the five per cent deposit, there is really no better time to buy at Saxon Gate.

“Helping Hand makes a real difference to such buyers as it allows them to take out a mortgage which they feel comfortable with to pay for the initial 85 per cent and hold off paying for the remaining 15 per cent for a few years until they feel more financially secure. The remaining 15 per cent is also interest free for the first five years, meaning purchasers aren’t incurring any added costs.”

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome