Persimmon announces 24 finalists for £250,000 charity house giveaway
12 September 2012
Persimmon Homes, the UK’s leading housebuilder has announced the 24 finalists who will all go in the public vote to win a brand new house worth up to £250,000.
After receiving over 3,500 nominations, Persimmon is now calling on the general public to cast a vote on its website – www.persimmonhomes.com/40 – to nominate their favourite out of the 24 finalists.
The competition is being run by Persimmon to celebrate its 40th birthday.
The finalists are:
- Hana’s Gift – Anglia
- Anna’s Hope – East Midlands
- Fife Society for the Blind – East Scotland
- Wales Air Ambulance – East Wales
- Emmaus Colchester – Essex
- Hospice at Home Penrith – Lancashire
- Friends of Chums – Midlands
- Cramlington Voluntary Youth Project – North East
- The Harley Staples Cancer Trust – North Midlands
- The Joshua Tree – North West
- The Rainbow Centre for Children – Severn Valley
- Pilgrims Bandits – South Coast
- The Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre – South East
- Deaf-initely Independent – South Midlands
- YMCA Cornwall – South West
- Stepping Stones DS – Southern
- Nightstop Teesside – Teesside
- Rosie’s Rainbow Fund – Thames Valley
- St Nicholas School – Wessex
- St Basils – West Midlands
- The Zak Scott Braveheart Foundation – West Scotland
- Healing the Wounds – West Wales
- Life for a Kid – Yorkshire
- Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice – West Yorkshire
Twenty three of the charities will each receive a cash donation of £6,000 from Persimmon and the overall winner will win a brand new three bedroom detached house with garage valued at £250,000.
Persimmon was founded in 1972 by current life president Duncan Davison and has grown to be one of the largest and most successful housebuilders in the UK over the last 40 years.
Persimmon’s group chief executive, Mike Farley, said: “Deciding on the final 24 charities was a really tough task – the volume of nominations we received was staggering and we have been humbled by all the good work going on across the UK.
“The 24 finalists will now go against each other in the public vote, with the winner announced at a special birthday luncheon at the Kensington Roof Gardens on 27 September 2012.”