*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

Persimmon houses for sale in Swindon makes Honeymoon dream come true

14 October 2013

The dream of returning from honeymoon to start their married life together in their own home is becoming a reality for a young couple from Swindon thanks to Persimmon Homes.

Adam Watts aged 26 and his 23-year-old partner, Nicki Hawkins always hoped they would have purchased a house by the time of their wedding in April 2012. But the high deposits required made it difficult for first time buyers, Adam and Nicki, to get a foot on the property ladder.

When the couple visited houses for sale in Swindon and Persimmon’s Isambard Place development in Redhouse Way, Swindon, and heard about the shared equity scheme which only requires a five per cent deposit, buying a home together before next Spring became an achievable goal.

Adam, who works in marine electronics, explains: “We weren’t expecting to say we’d be able to buy a house when we went to Isambard Place, but the sales advisers were so helpful that we came away thinking ‘we can actually do this’. Nicki had recently secured a job so the time was right for us to buy.”

After that it was all systems go. The couple chose a three bedroom mid terrace Reybridge property with a garage. It has a kitchen, cloakroom and lounge / dining area with patio doors to the rear garden on the ground floor. Upstairs are a family bathroom and three bedrooms complete with en suite to the master bedroom.

“Our closest friends who we visit regularly live just down the road from the development, so we’re literally seeing our home built before our eyes!” says Adam. “We’d drive past every day if we could. We hope to move in around September in good time before our wedding. We’re over the moon.”

Pauline Fletcher, sales director for Persimmon Homes Wessex, comments: “As Nicki and Adam’s story proves, our shared equity scheme is excellent for first time buyers because they only need to find a small deposit.

“Buyers are offered an equity loan of up to a maximum of 20 per cent of the purchase price. They then obtain a mortgage for the remaining 80 per cent. For the first five years, there is no interest to pay on the equity loan and they can pay back the remaining percentage when they feel more financially secure.”

Isambard Place is ideally located on the outskirts of Swindon with a bus stop within walking distance which leads into the centre of town. The development is next to Isambard Learning Campus making it ideal for families.

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome