*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

Why rent when you can buy in Coventry?

22 November 2010

Leading homebuilder Persimmon Homes South Midlands has launched its popular shared equity scheme at its Venue@Bannerbrook development, close to the heart of Coventry, to assist more househunters secure the home of their dreams at an incredible affordable price.

There’s no denying that even though the housing market is on the up, but securing a mortgage for a new home is still proving to be tough for some, which is why Persimmon’s 85 per cent shared equity scheme has been specifically designed for buyers who want to move onto the property ladder but don’t necessarily have all the funding that is required.

Alison Reading, sales director for Persimmon Homes South Midlands, explains shared equity: “Through this scheme, buyers only need a five per cent deposit and they will own 100 per cent of the property after initially paying for just 85 per cent. Persimmon then provides the remaining 15 per cent as a loan which is interest and payment free for the first five years.”

One bedroom apartments at Venue@Bannerbrook start from just £72,246 through the scheme and with a repayment mortgage sourced through one of Persimmon’s choice mortgage advisers starting from just £359[1] per month, it proves that buying with Persimmon isn’t just an attractive proposition, but an affordable one too.

Alison concludes: “Our shared equity scheme is a first time buyers’ dream as they’re safe in the knowledge that they own their own home, whilst still paying less they would in rented accommodation, it’s a win-win situation.”

A show apartment is now available to view and Persimmon boasts a fine collection of one, two and even three bedroom duplexes at Venue@Bannerbrook.

Situated on the outskirts of Coventry with its excellent selection of shops and amenities this is a well placed development with good access onto the motorway networks and within commuting distance of Birmingham.


[1] Information correct at 25th October 2010

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome