*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

HomeBuy Direct is here to stay thanks to Persimmon

24 November 2010

With several new build housing developers in Gloucester having said goodbye to the popular Government-led shared equity scheme HomeBuy Direct, first time buyers may be forgiven for thinking they won’t be able to afford the home of their dreams in the area.

Thanks to Persimmon Homes South Midlands though this needn’t be the case as thanks to further funding from the Government, the company is the only homebuilder in the region to extend the scheme to allow those starting out on the property ladder to comfortably achieve affordable home ownership at its Persimmon Vale development in Quedgeley.

Alison Reading, sales director for Persimmon Homes South Midlands, explains: “Through Kickstart funding, we are able to continue to offer the 70 per cent shared equity scheme HomeBuy Direct on our three bedroom properties, which comes as welcome news both for us and our purchasers.

“We’re urging househunters to register their interest sooner rather than later though as the scheme is only available for a limited period and is only on selected homes at Persimmon Vale.”

Through the initiative homebuyers will own 100 per cent of their property after initially raising a mortgage and a small deposit for 70 per cent of the asking price. This means prices at Persimmon’s sought-after development start from as little as £124,250.

Alison adds: “In the South Midlands region alone we’ve supported dozens new purchasers through HomeBuy Direct, and a great proportion of them are now living at our Quedgeley development, so it’s a vital tool for both us as a company and our new residents.”

HomeBuy Direct is available to those who earn a household income of less than £60,000. Househunters will be required to raise funding by way of a mortgage of 70 per cent of the purchase price and a small deposit. The remaining 30 per cent will be made up by an equity loan which is co-funded by the Government and Persimmon Homes and is interest free for five years.

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.

#lovemypersimmonhome