*We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies.
More info
Persimmon Homes

Persimmons houses for sale in Sudbury require minimal deposit

20 May 2011

With a report highlighting that first time buyers are currently required to raise an average of £37,233 deposit to buy a starter home, it’s no wonder they’re being put off buying their first pad, but thanks to Persimmon Homes in Sudbury a deposit of little over £5,000 is required to enable purchasers to secure their dream home.

“Our stylish two bedroom Chiswick houses at our stunning Stour Croft development are continuing to be a hit with young househunters as their spacious interiors not only represent an enviable place to live, but also fantastic value for money,” comments Jon Gibbs, sales director for Persimmon Homes Anglia.

With Persimmon’s commitment to the 70 per cent shared equity HomeBuy Direct scheme at Stour Croft in Sudbury, the attractive houses start from just £101,465, meaning just a five per cent deposit of £5,073 is required. Independent financial adviser, Jason Blunden of Evolve Financial Solutions, works with Persimmon to enable househunters to afford their home with financial ease. He states: “Many first time buyers with only a small deposit come to me thinking they’ll only be able to afford a studio flat in an undesirable area, but thanks to schemes such as Persimmon’s shared equity incentive at Stour Croft, those purchasing their first home can afford so much more and in an attractive area, it’s a win-win situation.”

In addition, when buying a brand new property from the leading homebuilder, first time buyers can be safe in the knowledge that they will be guided through the purchasing process by Persimmon’s expert sales advisers.

Jon adds: “Buying a property can become quite complicated, which is why I’d like to reassure our purchasers that we’re here every step of the way to assist them with buying their dream home.”

Through the shared equity scheme, purchasers initially pay for just 70 per cent of the purchase price, deferring payment on the remaining 30 per cent, which is interest and repayment free for five years.

The houses for sale in Sudbury, located one of mile away, offers an abundance of local amenities including shops, restaurants and pubs as well as leisure facilities and a monthly farmers market. The development itself is situated ideally for those wanting to commute, with Colchester just a short drive away via the A13.

Finishing Touches

Create a look that's as individual as you are. Add the finishing touches to your Persimmon home.

Supporting your communities

Our Community Champions programme was established in 2015 and has already donated more than £3 million to over 3,500 good causes across Great Britain. Every month whilst the programme is running, our 32 regional businesses together give away 64 donations of up to £1,000 each. It's easy to apply for your local good cause.

Annotation 2020 09 03 113957

Persimmon Homes is delighted to be joining forces with Team GB: the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association, to give away an amazing £1 million to support children across England, Wales and Scotland.

Annotation 2020 09 03 114032

Our hugely successful Community Champions programme has already donated more than £1 million to good causes in England, Wales and Scotland. Every month we give away 60 donations of up to £1,000 each to local groups and charities.

Showcase your style

Why not share your own photos on Instagram using #lovemypersimmonhome for a chance to win a £100 Next voucher. Visit our Facebook page for terms and conditions.